Thursday 2nd March is the National University Mental Health Day which is which has been designed to bring together all of the key players in student mental health.
The aim of the day is to...
1. Open up conversations about the relationship between mental and physical wellbeing.
2. Give students and staff a chance to organise social contact activities that are open to all.
3. Encourage students to build supportive social networks through activity.
4. Inspire students to put steps into place to include activity in their lives to support their mental and physical health
5. Increase awareness of support for those experiencing mental health difficulties that pose specific challenges around physical activity.
Sport and mental health have the following links:
- Sport improves your mood
- Sport improves your concentration
- Sport boosts self-confidence
- Sport improves your sleep pattern
- Sport increases self-esteem
On the Thursday 2nd March we will be supporting the day and we will have the following sports & group exercise classes available:
£1 Drop-in Sports:
Men’s & Women’s Football 16:00-17:00 -Sportspark 7aside 3g pitches
Badminton 17:00-18:20- Sportspark Hall 4
Postgraduate Badminton 17:40-18:20 - Sportspark Hall 3
£2 Group Exercise Classes:
Body Pump 11:45-12:45 -Sportspark Dance Studio
Dance Aerobics 18:30-19:30 - Sportspark Dance Studio
All sessions can be booked & paid for at Sportspark reception or by calling 01603 592398. Limited spaces available so please book in advance to avoid disappointment.